If you have just opened your Merrill Edge account, you may not see your account number on the Merrill Edge interface within 24 hours. Nonetheless, it can be quite tricky to find your account number on Merrill Edge whether you recently opened the account or not.
Your Merrill Edge account number is the 8-digit alphanumeric combination next to your account name under “Investment Accounts-Retirement” in the Account section of the platform. You get an enlarged format of your account number when you tap on your account.
In this post, I’m going to show you how to find your Merrill Edge account number on the platform. And if you are also wondering if you need to follow a different set of steps to find your Merrill Edge account number on the mobile app, this article is for you, as I will discuss that too.
In addition, I will explain what a routing number is and how it is different from an account number.
So, let’s get started.
What Is My Merrill Edge Account Number?
An account number is an exclusive identifier for the user of a service that allows access to such service. For almost every transaction you make on a platform or service site, your account number is linked to it.
Your Merrill Edge account number is an 8-digit unique identifier for your brokerage account. This number is what is linked to every transaction you carry out on Merrill edge. Your account number is also one of the features that permit access to Merrill Edge’s services and is therefore susceptible to fraud in today’s digital age.
You can protect your account number and passwords with multi-factor authentication and other security measures.
Where To Find Merrill Edge Account Number
Regardless of the device or platform (web or mobile application) you are using, your Merrill Edge account number will be available under “Investment Accounts-Retirement” in the Accounts section. The account number is located next to your account name.
If you just opened a Merrill edge account and you don’t find your account number on the platform, check your email to see if there are further instructions from the Merrill Edge service provider. You will be sent an email from Merrill Edge upon completing an account setup. But you should also keep in mind that it might take a few minutes before you receive the email.
How Do I Find My Merrill Edge Account Number?
To find your account number on Merrill Edge, follow these steps.
- Open the Merrill Edge website and log in to your account with your user ID and password.
- Click on “Accounts” on the menu bar of the platform. Usually, the platform automatically opens on “Accounts”. In that case, you can skip this step.
- In the Account section, under “Merrill Investment Accounts”, you will see your account number next to your account name. Your account number is an 8-character combination of the first three alphanumeric digits and the last six numeric digits.
For the Merrill Edge mobile application, the steps to follow are similar to those mentioned earlier for the Merrill Edge website. The following steps will guide you on how to find your Merrill edge account number on the mobile app.
- Open the mobile app, and log in to your Merrill Edge account.
- You will be automatically logged in to “Dashboard.” Click on “Account” next to “Dashboard” on top of the screen.
- Check under “Investment Accounts-Retirement”, you will see your account number next to your account name.
How To Contact Merrill Edge If You Have Trouble with Your Account
There may be instances where you cannot find your Merrill Edge account number or where you cannot gain access to your account, let alone obtain your account number. What should you do in such situations? There are two ways to go about it.
If it is that you recently opened an account with Merrill Edge, and your account number is not available on your account platform, check your email to see if you have been sent further information regarding your account. The second way is to get your account number by calling Merrill Edge Investment Center at 877-653- 4732.
You can also contact Merrill Edge customer service at 888-637-3343 for further inquiries. All customer service lines are available 24/7.
Another bonus provided by Merrill Edge customer service is financial consultation. You can schedule a consultation with a financial advisor on Merrill Edge for free. Just give them a call on their customer service line anytime you need help with your account.
What Is the Routing Number for Merrill Edge?
A routing number is a nine-digit code devised by the American Bankers Association (ABA) to identify a financial organization in the United States. Routing numbers were introduced to streamline the large-scale distribution of paper checks and are used by banks to direct the flow of money among them.
Because Merrill edge is an electronic brokerage service provided by the Bank of America, it has the same routing number as the BofA which is 084-301-767.
Differences Between Routing Number and Account Number
Although an account number operates along with a routing number, they are two different things.
An account number identifies your specific account but a routing number identifies the name of the financial institution. So, you can have multiple accounts at a financial institution with different account numbers, but the routing number for that institution will remain the same.
Account numbers can range from eight to twelve digits with or without letters, but routing numbers are always nine digits.
You should guard your account number as you would your pin code because it is a unique set of numbers that characterizes your account. The routing number on the other hand can be found by anyone and does not require protection.
Your Merrill Edge account number is an important identifier that allows you to gain access to the brokerage services once you create an account with Merrill Edge. So, it is important to be able to locate it on your account interface and guard it.
Finding your account number on Merrill Edge may seem a little difficult at first. However, if you follow the steps I provided earlier, you should be able to find your account number under “Investment Accounts-Retirement” with ease. If you still don’t see your account number, contact Merrill Edge’s customer service for assistance. The customer service is available 24/7.
Over the past years, I have discovered several tools and products that have helped me tremendously on my path to financial freedom:
P.S.: The links below are affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you when you sign up for one of the services. Thank you for your support!
1) Take a look at M1 Finance, my favorite broker. I love how easy it is to invest and maintain my portfolio with them. I can set up automatic transfers, rebalance my portfolio with one click and even borrow up to 35% of my assets at super low interest rates!
2) Fundrise is by far the best way I've found to invest in Real Estate. You can diversify your portfolio by investing in their eREITs or even allocate capital to individual properties (without the hassle of managing tenants!).
3) If you are interested in crypto, check out Gemini. I've started allocating a small amount of assets to the growing crypto space and Gemini has just been a breeze to use. Once you register, make sure to also open an Active Trader account to buy crypto at the lowest fees on the market (just 0.03%!).
To see all of my most up-to-date recommendations, check out the Recommended Tools section.